- January 16 – Skating Party
- January 17 – Early Dismissal – 1:00 PM
- January 18 – Uniform Break – Skating Party & SC Career Day
- January 18 – Geography Bee 1:30 PM in Gym
- January 19 – Daddy-Daughter Dance 7-11 PM in the Gym
- January 21 – No School – MLK Day
- January 25 – PTSO Box Top Crazy Sock Day
- January 5 – Spelling Bee 8:10 AM in Gym
- January 27 – Catholic Schools Week Alumni Mass
- January 28-February 1 – Catholic Schools Week
- January 31 – All School Mass 8:15 AM
- February 5 – Yearbook pictures taken for clubs & activities 9:00 AM
- February 8 – Pep Rally 2:00
- February 9 – District Competition for Elementary Governor’s Cup – at St. Gabriel – 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM
- February 9 – PTSO Celebrations – Woodhaven – 7:00 PM-12:00 Am
- Saturday, February 9, 2019 – Woodhaven Country Club – 7:00 PM-12:00 AM
- Donation Request Letter
- Donations Flyer
Parenting the iGen
- Sponsored by Mercy Academy
- Tuesday, February 19 from 7:00-8:30
- Click here for more information
Peace for Parents: Managing Difficult Childhood Behaviors at Home and School
- Thursday, January 17 from 7:00-8:00
- Our Lady of Lourdes School Cafeteria
- Click here for more information
Presentation Academy Trivia Night
- The Presentation Academy Parent Association is hosting a Trivia Night on February 9 from 6-10 p.m.
- The cost is $160 for a table of eight people ($20.00 per person).
- Prizes will be awarded for trivia winners and best decorated tables.
- The event will be held at Presentation Academy’s Arts & Athletics Center at 900 S. 4th Street across from the main academic building.
- Concessions will be available for purchase, and participants are also allowed to bring their own food and beverages.
- To reserve your table, please contact front office manager Dawn Needham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls on the Run
- Girls on the Run is a 10 week program designed to encourage girls to be confident and celebrate all that makes them unique.
- Girls that participate will build strong relationships and friendships, and form a better understanding of team work.
- Please email Gina Link at email@example.com if interested in participating in Girls on the Run.
- This is an after school program offered to girls in grades 3-5.
- The program will begin the week of February 18th and will be held weekly on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3:00-4:30 pm.
- Registration information will become available starting January 15 and applications and materials will be sent home then.
Project Ahead Winter Session
- For information on Tuition Assistance please click on link below:
Distance Learning Information 2018-2019
- Begins on Snow Day #3
- Assignments posted by 10:00 AM
- Teachers Available from 11:00 AM -3:00 PM
- Assignments due next class day
- For more information see flyer
- Student Council Dates 2018-2019
- January 18 Career Day Uniform Break Come dressed, ready for work, for the career you want when you grow up. All uniform break policies apply.
- Plan to attend the next skating party on January 16th from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m. at Skate World.
- The admission cost is $3.00 per child.
- Skate rentals are $1.00 for regular and $2.00 for speed.
- Students who attend may have a uniform break day on September 21st.
- Father-Daughter Dance – Mardis Gras – January 19th from 7:30- 11:00 PM
- Celebrations – Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Stay up-to-date with PTSO business and leave feedback for us by visiting the school PTSO webpage.
- PTSO meetings – 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Signup for our PTSO email newsletter and/or volunteer to help out with a PTSO event at https://sgsptso.wufoo.com/forms/zn9preo1souplb/
- Follow St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic School PTSO on Facebook and Instagram
- Visit the PTSO webpage on the school website to stay up-to-date & volunteer for upcoming events, read meeting minutes, or leave feedback for PTSO & school administration. Go to the website and click on School/Support SGS/PTSO to stay connected.
- Training required for any and all volunteers who will work with children
WEATHER-RELATED CLOSING SCHEDULE
- When weather conditions cause school openings to be questionable, one of the following announcements will be made for the Catholic Elementary Schools in Jefferson County.
- “All Catholic Elementary Schools in Jefferson County are open” – St. Gabriel is open.
- “Catholic Elementary Schools in Jefferson County will be open, but on a delayed schedule.” St. Gabriel will be on a two-hour delay. Buses will run two hours late. Gym will open at 9:25 a.m. for student arrival. Classes will start at 10:00 a.m. Dismissal will be at regular time.
- All Catholic Schools in Jefferson County are closed.” – St. Gabriel is closed.
- We will contact parents through our notification system if conditions dictate a change. For additional information, refer to the handbook (pg. 30).
- The 2019/2020 FACTS tuition assistance application period will run from December 15, 2018-February 28, 2019.
- The 2017 Federal tax return and 2017 W-2’s will be required.
- More information to follow from the Archdiocese in the next few months.
- Go to www.reachalert.com
- Click on MY ACCOUNT
- Click on CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- Follow the prompts
- When asked for network name, just type St. Gabriel and select from the school, child care, or parish
- Type in the registration code: 2395535 7. If you requested text messages, you will immediately receive a text from REACH Alert with a 4-digit validation code. Enter the code where shown and click on VALIDATE
- Thank you to all those that continue saving and turning in the pulls tabs for the summer cancer camp for kids.
- These may be turned in any time to the school office.
- Please continue saving Box Tops for our school!
- For every 15 box tops turned in for January, the student will get to wear crazy socks on January 25th.
- Please trim them and check the expiration date.
- Information & Monthly Incentives