- April 18 – Holy Thursday Services 10:15 & 11:30
- April 19 – Good Friday Services 9:00
- Early Dismissal 11:00
- April 21 – Easter!
- April 22 – School in Session – Snow make-up Day
- Spring Into Math Night 6:30 K-2
- April 23 – Leopards’s Love Hour Showcase 6th Grade 5-6 PM in cafeteria
- April 24 – Field Trip Gr 6
- April 25 1st Eucharist Practice 2-R 6:00 PM; 2-A 7:00 PM
- Field Trip – Gr 1
- April 26 – Field Trips Gr 3 & 4
- Disney Marvel Uniform Break
- April 27 – 1st Eucharist 2-R 5:00
- April 28 – 1st Eucharist 2-A 12:00
- April 30 – Box Top Uniform Break
- May 21 – 8th Grade Graduation 7:00 PM
- Bus Registration Information – WORD format pdf format
- Bus Registration Form – Word format pdf format
K-2 Math Night – Monday, April 22; 6:30-7:30 PM
- For information on Tuition Assistance please click on link below:
- The last week for checking out library books will be the week of April 29th – May 5/2.
- All library books are due Monday, May 6th in order for inventory to begin.
- Replacement fees for lost or damaged books will need to be paid in order to avoid being locked out of online registration. We will refund the money if you pay to replace a lost book and find it later. Please make checks payable to St. Gabriel School, or place cash in an envelope marked with the student’s name.
- Outstanding Catholic Reader sheets are due no later than Wednesday, May 1st. Please sign your child’s sheet and have them return it to school. If you have lost the sheet, another one can be printed out from Mrs. Kilner’s website.
- April 26 Disney/Marvel Day Uniform Break Wear your favorite Disney or Marvel t-shirt with uniform bottoms. Accessories are allowed (like Mickey ears). No weapons, no hair color, make-up etc.
- Plan to attend the next skating party in May from 6:30 until 8:30 p.m. at Skate World.
- The admission cost is $3.00 per child.
- Skate rentals are $1.00 for regular and $2.00 for speed.
- Students who attend may have a uniform break day on February 22nd.
- PTSO meetings – 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Signup for our PTSO email newsletter and/or volunteer to help out with a PTSO event at https://sgsptso.wufoo.com/forms/zn9preo1souplb/
- Follow St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic School PTSO on Facebook and Instagram
- Visit the PTSO webpage on the school website to stay up-to-date & volunteer for upcoming events, read meeting minutes, or leave feedback for PTSO & school administration. Go to the website and click on School/Support SGS/PTSO to stay connected.
- Training required for any and all volunteers who will work with children
- February Newsletter
- The 2019/2020 FACTS tuition assistance application period will run from December 15, 2018-February 28, 2019.
- The 2017 Federal tax return and 2017 W-2’s will be required.
- More information to follow from the Archdiocese in the next few months.
- Go to www.reachalert.com
- Click on MY ACCOUNT
- Click on CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- Follow the prompts
- When asked for network name, just type St. Gabriel and select from the school, child care, or parish
- Type in the registration code: 2395535 7. If you requested text messages, you will immediately receive a text from REACH Alert with a 4-digit validation code. Enter the code where shown and click on VALIDATE
- Thank you to all those that continue saving and turning in the pulls tabs for the summer cancer camp for kids.
- Do you know why we collect aluminum can pull tabs?
- It is a Knights of Columbus fundraiser that supports the Indian Summer Camp (ISC).
- ISC gives children ages 7-18, who have cancer, the chance to get away and have a good time with others who understand what they are going through and realize they are not alone.
- We are competing with other schools for the pull tab trophy.
- Last year, the Knights of Columbus collected over 1,200 lbs. of pull tabs which resulted in a donation of over $1,400 to the camp.
- Together, we can make a difference in a child’s life.
- For more information on ISC, please visit www.iscamp.org.
- Please continue saving Box Tops for our school and enjoy the monthly uniform break.
- Just need to bring in 15 box tops per student to receive a uniform break on March 26th.
- Please trim them and check the expiration date.
St. Gabriel Men’s Club Fish Fry
- “Get Hooked” on the St. Gabriel Fish Fry
- Friday’s during Lent
- March 29th, April 5th & April 12th.
- Lunch will be served in the gym. 11:00 AM – 1:00PM
- Come to St. Gabriel Parish on the 1st Friday of Lent and ENJOY the “ Absolute Best Fish Fry in the City of Louisville”.
- St. Gabriel Men’s Club & friends are proudly serving lunch & dinner, so come on out and enjoy.
RENEWAL OF YOUR TIME, TALENT AND TREASURE COMMITMENT
- We are streamlining our process to better sequence the time, talent and treasure commitment process with our school registration process. School families need to complete both commitment cards before registration can be completed.
- Over the next few weeks, you will be hearing about the upcoming Increased Offertory Program, at St. Gabriel the Archangel. This effort is very important as we move forward with the mission and vision of St. Gabriel the Archangel. We, as a parish family, have changed so many lives in our community! In order to continue our mission and ministries, we encourage all parishioners to spend time in prayer and discussion with your family reflecting on the work we do. If you have any questions regarding the Increased Offertory Program, please feel free to contact the parish office at 502-239-5481.
We thank you for your dedication to this parish community – school, preschool and church. We are changing lives because of you!