New Family Information
Welcome to St. Gabriel the Archangel School. Here are a few resources designed for you to stay connected to St. Gabriel the Archangel community:
Staying informed with St. Gabriel the Archangel events is quite easy! We have printable and digital calendars informing you of important dates. Our monthly calendar provides a breakdown of events going on for that month!
At some point you’ll have a question or need to let us know something! Reach out to a staff member individually using our directory emails, or find the frequently used numbers below.
● Add frequent numbers to your phone:
o Preschool: (502) 239-1298
o School/Admissions: (502) 239-5535
o Athletics: (502) 239-5481
o Tuition Business Office: (502)239-5481
o Absentee: (502)239-5535, select option 1
● Add frequent emails to your contact list:
o Preschool: email@example.com
o School Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Absentee: email@example.com
News You Can Use
● We use MailChimp email service to send a weekly “Trumpet” newsletter and other updates directly to your inbox. Please make sure we have your correct email addresses.
● We use Reach Alert text messaging for urgent notifications. You will automatically be added to our notification list. To add, change, or delete a number, please contact the school office.
● News You Can Use is a webpage with school news that is updated daily.
● Teachers in grades K-2 update individual webpages daily with important news and homework. Many teachers also use SeeSaw or Class Dojo to share information and pictures with parents.
● Teachers in grades 3-8 utilize Google Classroom to post news, assignments, and homework. You will receive a notification from your child’s teacher to receive notifications and connect to your child’s classroom.
● We utilize PowerSchool as our student management system. Students’ attendance, schedules, and grades are available through this password-protected account.
Our social media pages are updated regularly. Interact, share and get important updates. Teachers, staff, and administrators post pictures, activities, and important announcements!
● “Like” us on Facebook
● Follow us on Twitter
There are a variety of ways parents can volunteer and become connected with St. Gabriel the Archangel School.
● Join the PTSO
o Complete our volunteer interest form
● All school volunteers must have Honor Thy Children training and a background check.
● Extracurricular Activities
Normal school hours are 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Students may arrive as early as 7:25 a.m. Breakfast is also served from 7:30-7:50 a.m.
Bus service is available to and from school. See Bus page for more information.
Need your Kindergarten through 6 Grader to stay late on occasion? We offer aftercare enrichment options suitable for most families:
● See Aftercare Options
St. Gabriel the Archangel has partnered with Taher Catering to provide nutritious breakfast and lunch options for purchase. To set up your prepaid lunch account and learn more about Taher, visit our Taher Lunch page. Parents are encouraged to set up an EZ Pay account to receive notifications about your child’s lunch account balance and option to pay online. Payment may also be made by check payable to Taher. Please include your child’s name and lunch account number and send to the office.
Parents are welcome to eat lunch with their child. If you plan to order lunch, please inform the cafeteria by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All visitors must sign in the school office.
School Supply lists are available for download. We also partner with School Kidz to provide kits available for purchase in May for the following school year.
You’ll find our students wearing uniforms Monday through Friday. The School Attire is available for purchases at Shaheen’s or Coffman’s . Details regarding Uniforms can be found in the Parent-Student Handbook but is briefly touched on below:
o All students will be in St. Gabriel the Archangel uniform every day except on specified uniform break days.
o Only St. Gabriel outerwear may be worn on campus during school.
o All students will wear clothing with a proper fit (not tight or baggy).
o Belts are to be worn on items made with belt loops. Belts must be worn through belt loops.
o All girl’s skirts, skorts, and jumpers should be at the top of the knee.
o PE uniforms are optional and may be worn on assigned PE or spirit days.