St. Gabriel School Re-Opening 2020
Updated September 10, 2020
Our faculty, administrative team, parish administration, and school board have worked hard to determine a plan for re-opening that is as safe as possible for our students and staff. We returned to in-person instruction on August 20. We have been working with the Archdiocese Office of Catholic Schools, as well as our regional and same-sized Catholic schools in preparation for our upcoming school year. In accordance with guidance from the CDC, Kentucky Department of Education, and Archdiocese of Louisville we are making changes in our school day to keep our students safe and healthy.
Saint Gabriel School opened with in-person instruction on August 20, and the Archdiocese of Louisville will continue to monitor health and safety issues along with any guidance from health and civic leaders. Saint Gabriel School will offer a remote learning option for students who do not feel comfortable returning to an in-person environment.
This page will be updated regularly as more information is released.
The following information is for grades Kindergarten through eighth grade. Preschool and junior kindergarten families will receive specific information from our Preschool Director, Shelly Pierce.
These policies and procedures are meant to supplement the Archdiocese of Louisville “Healthy at School Plan” (7-28-20)
- What to Do if You’ve Been Exposed to COVID-19
- CDC guidance for COVID-19
- State of Kentucky COVID-19 information
- American Academy of Pediatrics: COVID-19 Articles
- Unicef: Coronavirus (COVID-19) guide for parents
- News Video: How to get your kids to wear a mask
- PBS Kids Video: Wearing a Mask Helps Stop the Spread of Germs
- Video: Wearing a Mask Properly