St. Gabriel School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs or other school-administered programs.
Priority registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be available in January. Priority registration deadline will be February 14. After February 14, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. A non-refundable pre-registration deposit of $100 per child will reserve a place for the upcoming school year subject to availability and priority guidelines. In the event we are unable to accept a student, the deposit will be refunded. Families must complete online registration and FACTS to be considered registered for the following school year.
- Children must be three years old by August 1 and toilet trained in order to enter St. Gabriel Preschool (3’s).
- Children must be four years old by August 1 to enter St. Gabriel Pre-Kindergarten (4’s).
- Children must be five years old by November 1 in order to enter Junior Kindergarten
- Children must be five years old by August 1 in order to enter Kindergarten.
– Children must be six years old by August 1 in order to enter first grade.
All students enrolling in school in Kentucky for the first time must furnish the school with the following ORIGINAL MEDICAL FORMS authorized by the State of Kentucky:
- Physical Exam Form
- Current, original Immunization Form
- Eye Exam Form for School Entry (Kindergarten only)
Priority of Acceptance
The purpose of a Catholic education is to assure that Catholic truths and values are fully integrated with the student’s life and academic program. The St. Gabriel Community includes both church and school which work together, not separately, in carrying out the mission of St. Gabriel. Parents should enroll their children in St. Gabriel School if they desire and intend to support and participate fully in the faith programs of the St. Gabriel community.
Priority of acceptance into St. Gabriel School is a privilege granted to children of active and supportive members of St. Gabriel Parish.
Priority for enrollment is based on the following:
- Accept baptized Catholic brothers/sisters of students currently enrolled at St. Gabriel School.
- Accept baptized Catholic brothers/sisters of students formerly enrolled at St. Gabriel whose parents are registered parish members.
- Accept baptized Catholic students based on length of parents’ active participation in the parish.
- Accept students from Catholic parishes that do not have any affiliation with a school.
- Accept other Catholic students.
- Accept non-Catholic students.
In case of conflict, the date of formal parish registration along with supportive stewardship activities, and the baptismal date of the student, will determine the order of admissions.
Any student admitted to St. Gabriel School will be on probation to be sure adjustment to St. Gabriel School proceeds as smoothly as possible. In most cases, the length of probation is the child’s first grading period. However, the principal may adjust the length of time to better serve the needs of the child and St. Gabriel School.
Parents/guardians are required to inform St. Gabriel officials of their child’s special academic, emotional or physical needs. St. Gabriel officials must also be informed of any testing for learning disabilities by Jefferson County Public Schools or any private agency. Copies of testing reports are needed to be considered for acceptance. St. Gabriel officials have the right to decide if its program will best meet an individual child’s special learning needs.