St. Gabriel the Archangel Council #15699
Together, we’re empowering Catholic men to live their faith at home, in their parish, at work and in their community.
OUR HISTORY AND HERITAGE
Founded on the principles of charity, unity and fraternity, the Knights of Columbus was established in 1882 by Father Michael J. McGivney, assistant pastor of St. Mary's Church in New Haven, Conn., and a group of parishioners. Their intent? To bring financial aid and assistance to the sick, disabled and needy members and their families.
Father McGivney is now considered "Blessed" and is a step away from sainthood.
Putting Faith in Action
Who We Are
We are a fraternal organization of Catholic men, age 18 and older, dedicated to works of charity in our parish and community. We are founded in the Catholic Faith with pillars of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. 4 Principles, 4 Reasons
What We Do
Our council focuses on putting our faith in action with programs that focus on the four categories of Faith, Family, Community, and Life.
- Rosary with Your Knights - 1st and third Sunday of the month at 7 PM via zoom. All are invited.
- Host / assist with stations of the cross on Fridays during Lenten season
- Involvement in liturgical ministries.
- Annual essay contest to award two (2) $1000 scholarships for St. Gabriel the Archangel School 8th graders to attend Catholic High School
- Tootsie Roll Drive to support Knights of Columbus KAPID program with funds supporting Special Olympics, and Down Syndrome of Kentucky
- End of year celebration with Knights and spouses
- Monthly pancake breakfast - fourth Sunday of the month after 8 AM and 10 AM masses.
- “Coats for Kids” fundraiser to make sure at-Risk kids have access to winter coats.
- Assist Habitat for Humanity
- Hosting community Shredding Event
- Solidarity cross program in support of refugees around the world and to support our Refugee Sponsorship Program
- Right life walks/programs
- Top ranked life insurance program for members to include supplemental life insurance program for military families as well
Click a name below to email an officer directly.
Deputy Grand Knight: Michael Kuchenbrod
Treasurer: Tommy Russell
Membership Director: Sal Racculia
Monthly meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month in Loft 2 or via Zoom at 7:00 PM. These meetings are closed to the public. You can also stop by one of our many events to inquire about our organization.
THE WORLD NEEDS MORE KNIGHTS
Join The Knights: www.kofc.org/join
- Use our council number 15699
- Use code BLESSEDMCGIVNEY